How to Create an Empowering Mindset for Success
The first thing we are going to look at is creating an Empowering Mindset for Success. Read through the entire teaching without doing any of the action steps and let the information sink in. Over the next three weeks you will receive three emails with additional specific information and action steps for you to complete…So let’s get started…
“Success is not to be pursued; it is to be attracted by the person you become.”
Success doesn’t happen by luck. Success is not something that you chase, it’s something that you turn into.
Success comes from growth; it comes from growing bigger than the obstacles that surround you.
Don’t go searching for success out there instead commit to personal grow, commit to become a better person, commit to do what you really want to do, and you will attract success.
Developing the right mindset is really crucial to succeed in anything, your personal life, love life or business life. According to work by Stanford psychologists the best predictor of success in life is your mindset.
What is your Mindset? Your mindset is the sum of your knowledge, beliefs and thoughts about the world and you relationship to the world around you. It is your filter which determines how you receive and react to information.
The most valuable skill or talent that you could ever develop is that of directing your thoughts toward what you want—to be adept at quickly evaluating all situations and then quickly coming to the conclusion of what you most want—and then giving your undivided attention to that. There is a tremendous skill in deliberately directing your own thoughts that will yield results that cannot be compared with results that mere action can provide.
Seven steps to develop the right mindset:-
1. CHOOSE THE BEST INFORMATION
There is a lot of information available today. The internet gives everyone with a computer access to much more information than they could ever need. Try to find the very best information in your chosen field. Then avoid information overload by focusing on learning this information only.
2. FIND SUCCESSFUL ROLE MODELS
Look for the best people in your field and try to model what they did right. Read Autobiographies and adopt the kind of thinking and mindset which brought them success.
3. WHO ARE YOU AROUND AND WHAT DO THEY HAVE YOU DOING?
Evaluation of your circle of friends is critical. Do the support you? Hold you back? Or do they inspire you to success?
What seed thoughts are being planted into the garden of your mind? In the same way you wouldn’t try to plant apple seeds in the desert because it’s not the right atmosphere for an apple seed to produce. Likewise, don’t try to become successful surrounded by negative people. If you have friends who prefer to watch television rather than listen to personal development cd’s or who think you are weird for spending your weekend attending a business seminar you are unlikely to grow. Learn to guard what you hear and evaluate things for yourself.
4. EXAMINE YOUR OPTIONS
Key questions to ask yourself before taking action…
7 Key Questions to ask yourself:
- Does this belief enable me to grow or does it keep me stuck where I am?
- Am I being pushed by my fears or am I being pulled by my dreams?
- Am I doing this out of self-love or am I doing it to self-sabotage?
- Does this belief bring me long term fulfillment or short term gratification?
- Am I being true to myself or am I trying to please another?
- Does this belief add to my power or does it drain me of my energy?
- Am I allowing my spiritual guidance to flow through me or am I restricting myself to my human consciousness?
- Limiting beliefs are working in your subconscious mind whether you know about them or not. Examining your beliefs and actions will identify those possible blocks and then you can take action to turn them around by declaring supportive statements on the same belief.
5. VISIONING AND INTENTIONS
A clear vision creates a strong pull towards the end result you desire. In teaching number three we shall be covering the five step process you need to take to get anything you desire
- Know exactly WHAT you want.
- Know Exactly WHY you want to manifest your goal.
- BELIEVE you can manifest your goal into life.
- Have FAITH that your goal is already here.
- Take intelligent ACTION to manifest your goal even faster.
6. FIND YOUR PURPOSE
“Great minds have purpose, others have wishes” ~Washington Irving
Have you ever asked yourself the following?
- “Do I do everything I want to do?”
- “Do I travel as much as I want to?”
- “Do I spend enough time with my family?”
- “Am I checking off things on my bucket list?”
- “Am I living my life to my fullest?”
When you feel enthusiasm to do something, it means you are being inspired to take action from that point of purpose. Likewise, when you don’t feel like doing action, don’t push yourself, because your effort is not worth it, rarely are you successful when you force yourself to do something. Instead take this feeling as an indicator to review your reason for considering doing what you are doing (see the 7 questions above). But, when you are in alignment with your life purpose, the feeling of procrastination goes away and you are able to complete the task with ease.
Want to learn more? Visit our guidelines to finding your own unique Life Purpose!!
7. PROTECT YOUR MINDSET
Creating and keeping a positive mindset is vital! One thing you have to do is to protect your mindset against the naysayers and people who want to drag you down at every opportunity. You also have to protect it against bad information and in this technology driven society it is vital to protect yourself against overload.
Life is meant to be fun for you every day so do what you need to do to carve it out because that’s who you are and why you are here! Happiness is your goal as it leads to everything else in life!
Be inspired rather than motivated. You may be motivated to work as you need to pay bills at the end of the month. However, doing what you really want to do creates within you an energy of action. You will be far more productive acting from inspiration. The money you earn isn’t the means to a happy life. The happy life is the means to the money.
If you are feeling low, it is not possible to sit there noticing all your negative emotions and trying to change them! Instead create new, positive, emotions.
- One way to do this is by playing the “ALPHABET GAME”
- Here are some positive affirmations you can repeat: POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS